Remember the emergency weak strut fix:

Take a piece of 1/2" PVC pipe the right length and cut a slot down one side to fit over the strut rod when extended.
Keep it in the back near at hand and resolve each time you put it in to order replacement struts from Ken or Ron.

Dave
90 Westy (now I can do chin-ups on the open hatch with the new struts...)