<<<...The SA 5 speedtrans does have at .77 in it already...>>>

The SA five speed with the .457 ring and pinion has a .82 not a .77 fifth
gear. (at least the one I got)

A stock .457 five speed puts the rpm at @3000 for each gear at mph 15, 25,
35, 45, 55.

When you increase the power of the WBX you can then have good flexibility and
not have to shift as often when you get into lower speeds in higher gears.

Example: I can take fifth gear from 35 to 85+
               I can take fourth from 20 to 75...

While you can do this with a four speed the five speed puts a gear between
the third and fourth to give you a gear that you can accelerate quicker than
fourth and hold longer than third and still have an overdrive gear.

Even if you keep the engine stock, it can push the van with a five speed.

Robert