Volks,
I'm still pretty new at this = vanagon stuff, saw my first Westy up close and personal today (thanks Paul) , = I  am interested in converting my '82 Diesel Vanagon into a Pop-top and adding = the lower bed as well. For the time being the kitchen aspect wouldn't = necessarily fit our needs.----Anyhow has anyone out there done this? Is there = anything structural that needs to be done to support the upper bunk? Is = there anything special I need to know? Are there any tricks to making this = conversion easier?
I think I can locate the = parts fairly easily, am I out of my mind?
.....with great respect to = the cumulative knowledge of this list I remain.......

Arthur
'82 Vanagon Diesel (the Beast)