I just installed a rebuilt head which had been resurfaced and flycut
      reducing the overall thickness by about 2mm (guesstimate). I was
      reinstalling the rocker arm assembly and dicovered that there is no
      longer any clearance between the arms and valves. In fact, with the
      adjusters out the arms actually push the valves in when tightening
      the assembly. BTW the pushrods were definately seated in the
      lifters. Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, what was the
      solution? Can a spacer be fitted between the assembly and the
      head? Would it have to be hard steel or would aluminum work? Or
      should the rockers be ground down enough for clearance? Help.

      Thanks,
      Rob