I think you will find that the purple power such as Castrol Super Clean will
not oxidise paint but it removes paint that has already become oxidised by
sunlight etc.
It did a great job on my poptop.   Watch out for streaks down the side of the
van though !!!      If you leave it on paint for a long time though it will
probably strip it.
Spray it on then hose it off in a couple of minutes.
Its not completely effective with mould though.   Probably need something
with ammonia in it for that.

I would not use it on rattan or any wood but it would be fine on the formica.
   It really needs to be heavily rinsed off.
I would try Goo Gone on crayon marks etc.     It is surprisingly good as a
cleaner.   It even smells good!
It is citrus based and wont be so damaging as the purple stuff.

Just my tuppence worth,

Steve Cotsford