From: Vanagon Mailing = List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com]On = Behalf Of Mick Kalber
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, = 2001 9:07 PM
To: = vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: rear hatch = struts

So, awhile back we had this discussion about rear hatch struts... at the risk or re-opening this thread, can someone enlighten me on the best replacement = for the worn out oem struts.  I have had the heavy duty ones... it has = been mentioned, and rightfully so that they are extremely stiff... but I = rather liked them on my 88 wolfie.  Those suckers would keep that door = exactly where I left it every time.  But I remember someone mentioning = putting one heavy duty and one oem strut on the hatch.  Hence, mitigating the difficulty of opening and closing the hatch.  From looking at the = BD parts list it appears that they are sold singly, making the one-of-each idea feasible. True?

So, is this a good idea... bad idea?<= /p>

 <= /p>

TIA.<= /p>

 <= /p>

Mick Kalber