In a message dated 6/28/01 8:59:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kivka@EARTHLINK.NET writes:

I'm still pretty new at this vanagon stuff, saw my first Westy up close and
personal today (thanks Paul) , I  am interested in converting my '82 Diesel
Vanagon into a Pop-top and adding the lower bed as well. For the time being
the kitchen aspect wouldn't necessarily fit our needs.----Anyhow has anyone
out there done this? Is there anything structural that needs to be done to
support the upper bunk? Is there anything special I need to know? Are there
any tricks to making this conversion easier?

I think I can locate the parts fairly easily, am I out of my mind?
.....with great respect to the cumulative knowledge of this

listmember Karl bloss has done this conversion to his 87 passenger van. easy,
one weekend job.   ps, i have a complete poptop section for sale.
chris