-----Original = Message-----
From: JordanVw@AOL.COM <JordanVw@AOL.COM>
To: = vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM = <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM&g= t;
Date: Friday, June 29, 2001 10:19 AM
Subject: NEW Fiberglass = bumpers and side moulding prices

total cost if you buy = all the above NEW from VW = $2900.00

just something to think about = the next time you are backing up...

chris
On this matter, I am having a = problem that should not happen to anybody. My van was rear-ended a month ago, by = a college kid driving his mother's Toyota Avalon. I was sitting in = traffic, waiting for the light to change, when I heard this loud bang, and = had to step hard on the brake to avoid hitting the car in front. So, I get = out of my van (1990 white Carat, with the panels and bumpers painted to = match), and I could see I had no longer a rear bumper. I bought my van with a = trailer hitch already installed, and after looking long and hard at the = mess, I came to the conclusion that if it wasn't for the hitch, the damage = wouldn't be so bad. The thing is, the other car bent the bar of the hitch, as it = was the first resistance it encountered, thus the 2" ball wrecked the fiberglass of the bumper, cracking it badly beyond repair. My = advise, if you have fiberglass bumpers and a hitch, leave the latter off the = bumper. Because of the damage to my van, and because not much happen to the = rice burner's bumper, the insurance denied payment to me. Yesterday I had = to go to the PD to get a copy of the cop's report to take to the insurance = on Monday, and hopefully buy another rear bumper, if Chris still has one.
So, in short, the fiberglass = bumpers are nothing but beauty accents, so be careful. Back to you guys.
Hector