BenTbtstr8@AOL.COM writes:

Whilst poking around at my parts guys place, I noticed some nameplates from
the bottom of the Westy parts vans. There is a serial number on the
Westfalia
nameplate attached to the bottom of some of the rear benches. Do these
numbers signify the serial number for the Westy conversion? Or is this just
serial number for the bench?

it signifies the interior layout design given by Westfalia-Werke.
i know for the bus westys the P-24 conversion was the standard westy (no
stove/fridge) and the P-27 was the deluxe westy with all the stove and
fridge, etc.  its the same for the vanagons, each P number designates the
type of interior layout. the wolfy/carats even had a designation number on
the rear sofabed kickpanel too..
chris