mark_hb@HOTMAIL.COM writes:

I don't know what you people are talking about. All mine does is make little
music noise with key in. "da da da" over and over again. I just pull the key
out. Mines a 91, was there different sound before? In any case, isn't a
quick solution just putting tape over the black button that pushes in when
you close the door?

on the 85 down vans the buzzer is just that - a solid annoying buzzer noise..
 on the 86 up vans, the buzzer has the typical vw "Mexican hat dance"
tune..my ex- 89 jetta did this too.. felt like making a run for the border
every time i opened the door

chris