Hi everyone. I was just reading through = all the e-mails and noticed a lot of people mentioning how much their vans cost. = I thought it would be interesting to find out what people paid for their = vans and when, where, shape, etc... This also might be useful in establishing a replacement value for insurance claims. So, I will start this topic.
I bought my 1984 full Westy Vanagon a = month ago in St Paul, MN for $3500 from a private seller. It has a few dings but no = rust at all. The van shows 124,000 miles on the odometer, but the engine and transmission were replaced 10,000 miles ago.
I think it was a good deal, as the = other ones I looked at were the same price and were rust buckets and had at least = 110,000 miles on them.
I'd love to hear from the rest of you = on this subject.
Peace,
Peder
'84 Westy