Hello Volks,

I have two Vanagons,
The first is a 1981 vanagon L that has = 198,000 miles on it.  I got for a trade for my Honda Civic which was a = heap!  I had to put about $300 into it to get it reliable.  It was missing = lots of body parts and had some rust, but it ran and ran reliably.  After = about 10,000 miles, the front brakes were junk.  The calipers froze up = and the rotors were grooved.  Replaced the whole works.  Changed a CV = joint somewhere along the way.  Now it sits behind a garage with a leaky = tank, bad CV joint, and blown front seal.  It is being traded for a new = paint job on my new van.

It is a 1983 Vanagon L with 93,000 = miles on it currently.  It is a project van that I got out of a junk yard for $400.  Had to put in a new motor and clutch disk for about = $475.  New tires all the way around  $200.  Odds and ends  = $100  Approximatley $1200 into it right now.  Some rust and two holes = that are now being worked on finished off with a new original color paint job for = trade for the 81.  It still needs a new back bumper, three end caps, = rubber stripping for both front and back bumpers, so if anyone has these for = sale please let me know.  Sometime this week, a new gas tank is coming = because the one in it right now got caved in when the fork lift pulled it out of = the junk yard.  I'll be changing the fule line at the same time.  = When I am done I will be guessing around $1500.  Check it out at my = website  www.daneggert.com  =

Again, if anyone has:
back bumper (chrome)
endcaps front and back
bumper rubber front and = back
please let me know becasue I am in need = of them
Thanks

Eggz