From: Vanagon Mailing = List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com]On = Behalf Of pederparizek
Sent: Saturday, July 07, = 2001 9:42 AM
To: = vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: how much did you = pay for your vanagon

Hi everyone. I was just reading through all the e-mails and noticed a lot = of people mentioning how much their vans cost. I thought it would be = interesting to find out what people paid for their vans and when, where, shape, = etc... This also might be useful in establishing a replacement value for insurance = claims. So, I will start this topic.<= /p>

I bought my 1984 full Westy Vanagon a month ago in St Paul, MN for $3500 = from a private seller. It has a few dings but no rust at all. The van shows = 124,000 miles on the odometer, but the engine and transmission were replaced = 10,000 miles ago.

I think it was a good deal, as the other ones I looked at were the same price = and were rust buckets and had at least 110,000 miles on them.<= /p>

I'd love to hear from the rest of you on this subject.<= /p>

Peace,<= /p>

Peder<= /p>

'84 Westy