From: JordanVw@AOL.COM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM =
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2001 = 10:21 AM
Subject: Re: Westy = qvestions

In a = message dated 7/2/01 5:11:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
BenTbtstr8@AOL.COM writes: =

Whilst poking around at my parts guys place, I noticed = some nameplates from
the bottom of the Westy parts vans. There is a = serial number on the
Westfalia
nameplate attached to the bottom of = some of the rear benches. Do these
numbers signify the serial number for = the Westy conversion? Or is this just
serial number for the = bench?

it signifies the interior layout design = given by Westfalia-Werke.
i know for the bus westys the P-24 conversion was = the standard westy (no
stove/fridge) and the P-27 was the deluxe westy = with all the stove and
fridge, etc.  its the same for the = vanagons, each P number designates the
type of interior layout. the wolfy/carats = even had a designation number on
the rear sofabed kickpanel too.. =
chris