Bob,

It might not be the AFM unit. My son has a 93 Fox with Digifant II and it would cut out at low RPMs, especially slightly off idle. There is a throttle switch which enriches the mixture when the throttle is opened (like an accelerator pump on a carb). His switch is apparently bad. I disconnected the switch and the cut-out problem went away.

Ric