Steve;
        My cap wiggles a bit too = but seems to snap back to the original position. I will go out on a limb and = say it is not consequential as long as the base stays solid. There is where the relative timing is generated. The metal end of the rotor is a fairly = wide arch. It has to be to  reach the inside contact of the cap as = timing advances (almost forty degrees as RPMs go up). Hence the relative = position where the spark jumps off the rotor has to change also.  Just my theory.

Good Luck and Drive Safely
Ken Lewis
http://Neksiwel.20m.com/