Hi all!

New to the group, been = lurking for a while and came across a problem I can't quite get = past.

82 Vanagon Westy, and I am = replacing the cruddy Audiovox cassette deck that is in there now with a Blaupunkt = Houston CD deck.

The current deck is a = shaft-type receiver, the new one is a DIN opening fit.

When I take the faceplate off = of the current deck, I am met with a metal bracket, small rivets on the sides = and bottom and two smallish spring clips. It appears to be a VW item as it = is pretty robust. The clips don't allow any movement when bent inward. I removed = the ashtray and see where the end of the unit is back strap secured.

My question: how do I get = this shaft mount bracket out? It would seem these spring clips should do something = ... can I hacksaw it out? Will this bracket be something necessary for the new = receiver installation?

I don't have my Bentley = manual yet, and the VW factory repair manual doesn't help.

TIA for any help!