There used to be a device used by drag racers in the '60s that sounds similar to what you are describing, but it was *not* a refrigerator.

You would pack the device with ice, and connect it in-line with the gasline of the car. The idea was that the ice would cool the gasoline making a more dense mixture and hence generating more horsepower.

Todd
'88 Westy

Javier Zavala wrote:

Hello again: Thanks to all who replied; I´ll give some more hints. This is a refrigerator that allows gasoline to pass thru a kind of radiator which produces the cold.It looks and is (according to the seller) an aftermarket from the 60´s and the brand or commercial name is "Coldmaker"It´s made of metal and I think it fits under the glove box of old cars.Due to the lines on vanagons running from the front, a small "T" will make the line thru the rear seat and Voila, an extra refrigerator. What I need to know is if the bigger copper pipe is the inline or the other way around.Any thoughts ??  Please ?? Thanks,  Javier