I can imagine that the passenger side = would work out, but I don't see how it is on the driver side having all the = cabinets in the way and so far from the wall.  It may work on the Westy weekender = for the guy that sits close to the wall.  Enlighten me.
Zoltan
----- Original Message -----
From: JordanVw@AOL.COM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM =
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2001 = 9:21 AM
Subject: Re: Rear shoulder = belts for 88 Westy?

In a = message dated 7/8/01 12:06:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
swright@SLS.BC.CA writes: =

I'm sure this topic must have come up before, but I've = had no luck
searching the archives. My daughter (4 yo) has outgrown her = car seat,
and now requires a booster to be used with a = shoulder&lap belt combo.
I'd like to retrofit one into our '88 Westy rear bench, = on the
passenger side (and driver side if possible).

One local = auto wrecker says I can buy the belt from a Vanagon for $45
& put = it in the right side, another wrecker says it is too much
trouble to = install the retractor in the rear wall cavity, and I
should have a local = auto upholstery shop add a shoulder strap to the
existing belt. Has = any one done this? Any tips?

theres plenty on = this in the recent archives.  get a rear shoulderbelt from a
'90-'91 = passenger vanagon - the only 2 years they came with rear
shoulderbelts. =  the mounting holes are already there, on all westys.. even
'80 westys = have the mounting holes for the 90-'91 rear shoulderbelts.   and =
sorry, i sold the last 2 i had.
chris
=