In a message dated 7/12/01 2:10:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
d.r.collins@SYMPATICO.CA writes:

Hello all,
 I have been searching high and low for an automatic transmission, a good
place  that rebuilds them, or whether I can convert my auto to stick.  I
have an 87 Westy that won't move and makes a hell of a whine when I fire it
up.  I replaced tranny fluid and found a chewed metal band in the pan, so
this is probably a rebuild/replace scenario.  I am in St. Catharines,
Ontario, near Niagara Falls so any local help would be appreciated.

i have an auto tranny for sale, if youre interested.