Robert Lilly wrote in part =
>Another benefit is that the exhaust = will work better because hotter gases
>travel faster and create a higher = vacuum pull on the intake and pull more
>fuel into the chamber and increases power.
>Back pressure is also reduced and = power is increased because the engine does
>not have to use as much HP to = force the exhaust gases out.
>Intake temps are reduced and = because "colder" fuel makes more power, HP is
>again increased.

The hotter the exhaust gas is the = more it expands and that makes the exhaust system less effective =
 some boats with V8s use a water = cooled exhaust that greatly increase power output
intake manifold temps are directly related to = exhaust temps as they go up the horse power goes down.
fresh air to the engine compartment and = to the air intake manifolds are a great way to keep the intake system cool = I used this to prevent power loss as the engine compartment warmed up after a = couple of laps in my formula vee http:= //www.bostonengine.com/images/gallery/be-joeracer.JPG]
the Bergs offer ceramic coatings that coat both inside and outside = of the exhaust system this would prevent the pipe from absorbing heat. ceramics = may also be very good at giving off what heat it does absorb
B. Bob