From: pederparizek
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM =
Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2001 = 9:42 AM
Subject: how much did you pay = for your vanagon

Hi everyone. I was just reading = through all the e-mails and noticed a lot of people mentioning how much their vans = cost. I thought it would be interesting to find out what people paid for their = vans and when, where, shape, etc... This also might be useful in = establishing a replacement value for insurance claims. So, I will start this topic.
I bought my 1984 full Westy Vanagon a = month ago in St Paul, MN for $3500 from a private seller. It has a few dings but = no rust at all. The van shows 124,000 miles on the odometer, but the engine = and transmission were replaced 10,000 miles ago.
I think it was a good deal, as the = other ones I looked at were the same price and were rust buckets and had at least = 110,000 miles on them.
I'd love to hear from the rest of you = on this subject.
Peace,
Peder
'84 = Westy