My 1991 Vanagon Carat with 51000 miles original miles was $3000.  It has had
body work and a paint job (which all had to be redone because it was a
horrible job).  The interior is in new shape.  However it did not come with
the middle seat(s) because it had a wheelchair lift.  Also, it has a full
electric captains chair at drivers seat for handicap accessable driving along
with other handicap friendly options from the factory.  I was so desperate to
have a Vanagon and in Maryland you take what you can get.  The mileage was
good but whoever drove it the 51000 miles gave it hell!   It is quite a
unique van to say the least.  Anyone out there have one of these?  The lift
is now out and I have acquired one jumpseat (no darn seatbelt!) and now it is
almost like a regular vanagon (except the brake system).  The dealer was
asking $7000 for it and I pointed out I wasn't stupid enough not to see it
was in an accident and nobody around here would want the van especially with
a wheelchair lift.  So I talked the man down to $3000----quite a bargain
hunter.

Stace