In a message dated 7/10/2001 10:36:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
eric.giroux@nrc.ca writes:

Price?

Easy to apply?  How does it hold on?  Do you go over the flanges?  Is one
roll enough for our system?

This seems like a relatively cheap "upgrade"

I do not know a price, but I plan to get some when I order a short shift kit
from GBE.

To apply, you wet (guessing as their wrap might apply without water) the
material and wrap around the pipes in an overlapping fashion.  The end is
secured by a stainless strap.  When the engine is run the heat sets up the
wrap.

Most of the pipes can be gotten to without removing the pipes.  The muffler
would need to be removed to wrap it around.

Another benefit is that the exhaust will work better because hotter gases
travel faster and create a higher vacuum pull on the intake and pull more
fuel into the chamber and increases power.

Back pressure is also reduced and power is increased because the engine does
not have to use as much HP to force the exhaust gases out.

Intake temps are reduced and because "colder" fuel makes more power, HP is
again increased.

ALL the rubber parts last longer due to reduced heat.

When in stop and go traffic, the engine does not get as hot and overheating
is reduced because the exhaust heat does not get absorbed as it radiates into
the engine compartment.

On the 2.1L, the water pipe going over the 2 to 1 connector does not see as
much radiating heat and does not rust out as it is baked by the exhaust heat.

So it is a good thing to reduce the exhaust heat from the engine compartment.

Robert