The rear heater core is, of course, the plastic core that sits inside the fan housing under the rear seat, blowing heat to the rear passengers.

The "differential cooler" is  a metal part on the automatic transmission that passes coolant through on one side and hot transmission fluid through the other side. I presume this is to cool down the AT fluid. It is possible this has another name - I will try to find out more.

Thanks,
Paul

Could you be cpecific about what is actualy bursting?
I think i mentioned before there is more reliable aftermarket trans
cooler(called Supercooler) that can solve this problem.
Leon
85 Subwagen Westy