In a message dated 7/8/01 12:06:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
swright@SLS.BC.CA writes:

I'm sure this topic must have come up before, but I've had no luck
searching the archives. My daughter (4 yo) has outgrown her car seat,
and now requires a booster to be used with a shoulder&lap belt combo.
I'd like to retrofit one into our '88 Westy rear bench, on the
passenger side (and driver side if possible).

One local auto wrecker says I can buy the belt from a Vanagon for $45
& put it in the right side, another wrecker says it is too much
trouble to install the retractor in the rear wall cavity, and I
should have a local auto upholstery shop add a shoulder strap to the
existing belt. Has any one done this? Any tips?

theres plenty on this in the recent archives.  get a rear shoulderbelt from a
'90-'91 passenger vanagon - the only 2 years they came with rear
shoulderbelts.  the mounting holes are already there, on all westys.. even
'80 westys have the mounting holes for the 90-'91 rear shoulderbelts.   and
sorry, i sold the last 2 i had.
chris