Well, I really went and done it this = time!

When I bought my 85 Westy, the door key only worked = on the driver's side and the rear hatch.  Today, I thought I'd have a go = at fixing the problem with the passenger door.  I could only insert the key = about 3/4 of the way in so I took off the handle and noted that the "U" fitting = attached to the cylinder would not rotate and seemed to be corroded.  I = sprayed some liquid wrench on everything then proceeded to put the handle in my vise = and attempted to rotate the locking mechanism with a big screw = driver.   Well, you know the rest of the story...  The "U" piece that moves = the door lock mechanism up or down broke off the cylinder.

So, my questions are:

1) Lord Almighty, What am I gonna do?

2) If I find a replacement handle and lock assembly, = can the tumblers be set to fit my current key?

3) Any other suggestions at this point?

-- Steve -- You out there???

Dave (embarrassed in KC)
85 Westy