From: Vanagon Mailing = List [mailto:vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM]On Behalf Of Steve Cotsford
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2001 8:26 PM
To: = vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Transmission filler

The drain plug requires a 17mm allen wrench that you can get from Sears or =
NAPA.

The filler plug needs the same tool and it is located on the = rt side of the
transmission, a little forward of the drive shaft and a = little higher.
You will need to do some acrobatics with the wrench handle = pointing upwards
to get it loose but its not really that hard , = unless someone overtightened
it.
The thread is tapered so the looser = it gets, the easier it comes out.

Steve Cotsford
'84 Westy