In a message dated 7/16/01 9:02:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bmcarthr@SOUTHERN.EDU writes:

I have a 1993 Eurovan 5-cylinder standard transmission with 82,000.  My
service manual says that timing belts should be changed at 60,000 miles
for 16-valve engines.  How does this relate to my regular 5-cylinder.  I
don't have a clue as what I should do about my timing belt.  Any
suggestions?

Ben McArthur

usually about every 75k is good for a timing belt change on an 5cyl.  lucky
you dont have an interference engine, like the 16v or the 5cyl turbo..   if
the timing belt breaks on those, it bends the valves..
chris