After all the rear hatch talk recently = I thought I would give a quick report.  I considered getting the medium duty = struts from Ken at Vanagain, but having had the heavy duty struts and liking = the way they held the door at any position, and lasted for a long time I decided = to go for the heavy duty ones from bus depot.

The heavy duty ones are fine... but I = must say they are not as stiff as I remember them from the past.  I had a set on = my 88 wolfie and I remember having to jump up a bit to get enough leverage to = close the hatch when fully opened.  the set I just purchased are not = nearly as stiff.  Nothing wrong with them mind you, just not as stiff as I = had expected.  Maybe that's a good thing, but it makes me wonder how = long it will be until they break down.

Mick Kalber
89 Syncro Westy "Daddeo"
Tropical Visions Video, Inc.
62 Halaulani Place