From: Todd Last
To: Double-Cab Guy
Cc: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 = 9:14 PM
Subject: Re: First Aid = Kit

So, does anyone know where they would mount in a = Vanagon? I don't believe I've seen any strange mounting  brackets anywhere.

Todd
'88 Westy

Double-Cab Guy wrote:

Hi Volks, I can = shed some light on the first aid kit business.The = First Aid Kit is a standard European item.There have = a "DIN" size and always the same size no matter what car or manufacturer.If you look at a BMW or a = M.B. or a Porsche kit they will all be the same size and content.The are required by law in European = countries.Ever wonder what the brackets in the trunk of your = other VW's were for?Ever wonder why your VW or other = German car had a tool kit an safety warning triangles?Well by law all cars in Europe must carry a First Aid Kit, Tool Kit and = Safety Triangles, among other things.If they are = not in your car when you have the annual safety inspection you will fail = the inspection ! That's why in your other = VW's or German cars you have these strange brackets in the = trunk.There for the First Aid Kit ,and Safety Triangles, the = tool kit is often found in the spare tire or on the trunk lid.The Kit is a universal item and can be bought at a = German Auto Parts store for 10-20 Marks ($5-$10).It's = only in N.A. where these items do not come with your car when you first buy it.If you buy a car in Europe these items = al come with any new vehicle as standard item. CheersGlen