In a message dated 7/20/2= 001 12:03:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM writes:

old propane tank lost cause= ?

      Ed, up here is salt heaven our prop= ane tanks are all rusting away
ESPECIALLY beneath that dam data tag that they just had to weld on in th= e
four corners.  Every Westy that comes through my shop eventually ge= ts that
tag removed and the rust cleaned up and repainted with GOOD quality rust=
preventative primer and paint.  NO one here in Ontario is looking f= or the
data tag when filling a tank on a Westy.  No one in my travels thro= ughout the
US and Canada has ever looked for the data tag.  They are usually t= oo
disgruntled to have to crawl under the van to fill the tank to be worrie= d
about a data tag.  Just for everyones information all new tanks fro= m
Manchester tank have the data tag welded on solidly around all edges mak= ing
it really part of the tank.  WHY THE HELL DID THEY NOT JUST STAMP T= HE DATA IN
THE TANK !!!   More imbeciles !  Manchester tank should b= e made to belly up
new tanks for all Westy owners with the rusty spot beneath the data tag.=  I
have quite a pile of them on the shop floor right now.  All Westy p= ropane
tanks up here in the salt belt are getting to the point of no return, so= I
guess the pile on my floor will keep getting larger !

Cheers

Frank Condelli
Almonte, Ontario, Canada
BusFusion a = VW Camper event in Almonte, June 7-10
'87 Westy & Lionel Trains
Member: Vanagon List, LiMBO, IWCCC & Capital City VW Club
Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley
STEBRO/Vanagon Stain= less Steel Mufflers
Frank Condelli &a= mp; Associates or http://frankcondelli.com