From: Malcolm Stebbins
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM =
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2001 = 2:56 AM
Subject: Cairo Report: Trip = home #4

To all of you:  We had a great time in Rome, spent 7 hours = in the Vatican, it was  great, but the crowds were so big that it really = took the edge off the experience.  Then north up through Tuscany  = region of  Italy (quaintly beautiful) through to Switzerland  where = we took the most beautiful  road of the trip over the majestic Swiss alps (camped on the  'Sustenpass').  We took list = member Bill Kasper`s advice and  went to the Interlaken region and  = took 4 cable car  rides up the Schilthorn (2,971 meter mountain) and = then walked down (full report to follow), it was GREAT. (thanks Bill)   Switzerland is by far the most beautiful country that we have visited.  Then again north  up through a corner of (20 = minutes) Austria and now north up through  cutsie German town = after cutsie Gerrman town  (along what is called the Romantic  Road) where we are now in Bamberg , = Germany.

The van  has been cooperating,  no major problems, a = bit of oil seepage but tightening the bolts around the offending  pipes = seems to have taken care of that.  The fridge fuse blew, but that was = fixed in 1 minute. We have about 10  days remaining and we will  = soon be heading west for Belgium to ship the van.  Our  mood picked = up greatly  in Switzerland and we are again enjoying every minute of = the trip.

Just thought  you all would like to know,  Malcolm = & Pat