I have a similar problem.
When I install a battery freshly trickle charged overnite the starter action
is as I think it should be. After running a while(?) it returns to the old
"hesitant" spinning. I wonder if the alternator is putting out a lower than
normal voltage? (Haven't put a meter on it yet).

Tim
Pensacola, Fl

In a message dated 07/28/2001 9:10:54 AM Central Daylight Time,