In leau of the earlier thread (yesterday?), = this would now be a leaky "front" main instead of rear = main??
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Vanagon Mailing = List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com]On Behalf Of Miguel Calvin
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 10:44 PM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Re: clutch problem!

on 7/24/01 11:36 PM, Dino Oliva at doliva2@HOME.COM wrote:

YIKES!!  I have a = 1984 Vanagon that had 85,000 miles my first clutch... problem is that = every 2000 miles the replacement clutch goes out. VW Int'l says  I = obvoiusly don't know how to drive a van. (Yeah, Right) I got 85k outta the first = one- and 2000 out of the next five. I've been the only driver for all this = time - and am fairly sure I know how to drive. there are 190,000 miles on my = baby. I would love some advise if anyone has any for me. I love my bus. I = know you love yours too. So help a fellow v-dubber. Thanks guys! doliva2@home.com

A leaking = rear main seal or trans input shaft seal can lead to oil contamination of the = clutch disc, slippage, and overheating, leading to rapid failure...
Ask me = how I know...
--
Miguel