Said flogging to be administered by those of us on the list who are without= fault.  Me and BenT.  [although I have my doubts of BenT].  = No Good Friday to him, either!

Mike

From: Mark Upton <vwmark@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 15:32:48 -0400
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Re: apology, please read.

Why should we accept an apology!You should be taken out and flo= gged in the middle of downtown Vanagon.com!Have a Good Friday!

JordanVw@AOL.COM wrote:
i apologise for the "Johnny Listbitcher&quo= t;  post, it was not directed
personally at the person who had a problem w/ a vendor, i ju= st thought it was
a comical way to sum up (being that it IS friday) the increa= sing number of
listvendor bashing posts that show up on the list - often wi= th no thought of
a alternative way of remedying the problem, prior to posting= ..   I for one,
tend to think that the majority of the list benefits from ve= ndors selling vw
parts, whether they be new, or used, here on the list.  = ; if there is a
problem, maybe try taking it up with the person/company/etc = you bought the
item from, rather than blasting it out to the whole list out= of frustration
and the intent to hurt someone?  while ron does this as= a business, and i do
not,(im lucky if i sell one used part every 2 weeks!)  =  he still struggles to
keep things going.. works long hours, etc..  and does t= he best he can. he is
a person, he is not perfect. but all it takes is one disgrun= tled listmember,
keyboard in hand, barrels loaded, ready to kill and maim.. &= nbsp;well, maybe not
kill and maim, but.. ;<)  anyway, think about being = glad, for once, that you
do have someone who most often times has the part you need, = and is willing to
sell it to you..  think of what is there was no "g= o westy" "bus depot" or
other independant list vendors to get the parts you need. &n= bsp; what would you
do?  you'd have to go to the dealer.  and pay out = the A$$.  or you'd have to
scrounge thru the junkyards, if youre even lucky enough to h= ave a vanagon in
a junkyard near you... i am on a few other listservs, and th= e vanagon list
is the only one that seems to have this problem..  anyw= ay, i hope everything
can be resolved between both parties. currently i am dealing= w/ a particular
listmember (you know who you are) who just has it out for me= , so i know how
others feel. ..  :<) anyway, please keep the persona= l problems off list..and
get back to vw's  :<)
i hope everyone has a nice friday
(whoa, i cant believe i just said that :<)
chris