Hi,
I'm new to the list although I confess to having = lurked for a couple of months. I just completed a 30 day, 9000 mile trip from the SF = Bay Area up to Alaska and my 1987 Westy ran flawlessly. When I left she had 205k = and I was debating the wisdom of taking such a high mileage vehicle up there, = the odometer now proudly reads 214k and she feels as strong (relatively = speaking) as before.  Averaged slightly over 20mpg, all up, all in, running at = 65mph. Worst part was the Cassiar route (Hwy 37) up thru western BC, and the = Dalton highway from Fairbanks up to the Arctic Circle - pretty rough on the old = girl, but took it slow and lowered tire press to smooth the ride. Changed air = & oil filters twice. Also, had to replace tires - put on Michelin XCA = 205/75-14 in Whitehorse, YT. They are excellent, load range D and very capable in = rough conditions. I will f/u with another email specific to these = tires.

regards, john