Hi Guys,
      For those of you who have changed-out your fuel lines, I wanted to
bring something to your attention.  I, like many of you bought Wilfy's kit,
and changed my lines - very glad I did.  I'm also glad I bought a few extra
feet, and a few spare clamps just for emergency sake.  While on our Finger
Lakes trip a few weeks ago, I noticed the faint smell of gasoline.  I found a
small dribble just forward the firewall.  If you look where your fuel supply
hose attaches to a plastic nipple (fitting with a two bolt flange) (inside
your engine compartment), you will find by removing the two bolts (10mm) this
is just a short double male nipple. On the forward side, there is a tiny
length of hose used as a transition splicer to connect up to the hard plastic
fuel line.  Well, there was my leak!  Ironically, the only length of hose not
changed, just 2" long!
      One other fringe benefit.  I had been trying for months to isolate my
screwy idle fluctuations - minor, but worrisome none the less.  Fixing this
tiny fuel leak fixed the problem immediately.  I figure the leak was small
enough to go unnoticed for some time, but allowed the incoming fuel pressure
to be erratic - sound a little far fetched?  Maybe, but I sure like looking
at my tach at red lights now!

Good Luck,
Brian Doss
'88 Weekender, Queequeg