= ; I have a 1983 Vanagon with an auto tranny that is giving me some
grief.  Hoping for some words of wisdom from the knowlegable List m= embers.
      Tranny was working just fine and re= cently a day or so ago began to
slip in drive, high gear only.  Check of fluid was good.  Drai= ned and
refilled fluid and still problem exists.  All other gears are funct= ioning
normally.  Starting out it is fine, when highway speed is reached a= nd tranny
shifts into third or high gear it begins to slip badly.  Is there a= fix in
the pan and valve area or am I looking at having to remove the tranny an= d
find a rebuilder ?

Cheers

Frank Condelli
Almonte, Ontario, Canada
BusFusion a = VW Camper event in Almonte, June 7-10
'87 Westy & Lionel Trains
Member: Vanagon List, LiMBO, IWCCC & Capital City VW Club
Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley
STEBRO/Vanagon Stain= less Steel Mufflers
Frank Condelli &a= mp; Associates or http://frankcondelli.com