Date:    Tue, 31 Jul 2001 22:44:43 -0400
From:    Sudhir Desai <desa4622@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:= Re: golf/jetta 3 check engine light question (vanagon = content)

 I want to install the LED in its socket (formerly wired
>for the OXS) and = use it to run the check engine light.
>Sean B.
>'90 V'gon, "Happy = Bus", pseudo Wolfy
>Torrance, CA
>http://vgonman.vwtrek.com

don't do it dude.... if = you do, you will not sleep properly ever again
wondering if there is = something really wrong with your car/van, or if the
little plastic cover for the = windshield washer solution has become loose. :

for the past three months, the check engine light on my jetta has = been on,
and noone not even the dealer has been able to find the cause of = it.. they
even reset all the codes, and still it stays on.

IMHO, = you're asking for nothing but trouble with the extra wiring.

good luck = if you end up deciding to hook it up tho.

peace, = out.
-suds

Sudhir H. Desai desa4622@yahoo.com
ICQ: 8255956           = AOLim: rawsuds
1984 Vanagon Z34        = 1996 Jetta (soon to be race ready)

The check engine light has been on for years on my wife's Jetta and = the dealer says it can't be easily fixed.

Andrew
1984 Westy "Speed Bump"
1996 VW = Jetta Trek  "Little Beep" (the wife's car)