To the list at large-
I need help (yet again).  I need = some ideas on what might be causing the problem I'm having.  As the title = suggests, I'm having seriously abnormal tire wear, especially in the front.  I = have a 1984 Vanagon (standard).  I replaced the tires about a year ago, = when I bought the vehicle.  Shortly thereafter, I noticed accellerated = wear on the insides of the front tires.  That was easily solved by having it = aligned front and rear.  I then rotated the front tires to the back, and = vice versa.  It wasn't too long before I began to see rapid wear on the = fronts again (this time on the OUTside of the tires).  I naturally assumed = that they had simply not done the alignment quite right, so I took it back, = and they redid it free of charge.  They told me when I picked it up that one = side was off by 1 degree.  I remember thinking that didn't seem like = enough to account for that kind of wear, but went on my way.
A short time later, I noticed still = more wear, especially on the front tires.  I'm now past the service warranty = period on the alignment.  But I'm starting to think that isn't the problem to = begin with.  The most obvious thing I can think of is shocks.  Does = that sound like my best bet of what to do next to the experts on the = list?  Or should I be looking elsewhere in the suspension/wheel location system?

Thanks in advance-
Jason Stevenson