After listening to all you guys/gals = talking about your summertime trips for a couple of months now, I just had to share = today's adventure with you.  We took off from Hilo, Hawaii this morning and = drove about 60 miles up the Hamakua coast (to the north) to the Parker Ranch = (once the largest privately owned cattle ranch in the United States, believe it or = not).  At the Waimea (Kamuela) end of the ranch we turned down Mud = Lane (VERY appropriately named) and made our way to our friend's house near = the pastures above the Waipio Valley.  Deep blue skies with puffy white = clouds greeted us around the valley... an area that is often (and for every day = this past week) very cloudy and rainy.

Daddeo made it slipping and sliding a = bit thru the cow pastures to the now abandoned cane fields above the valley... the = syncro performed flawlessly as we made our way between trees and up and down = the overgrown, muddy lanes leading to the falls.  Once there, we swam = in the pool below the forty foot waterfall, took pictures, ate snacks and drank = sodas.  What a fabulous day... Hawaii doesn't get much better than that!  What great fun to work out the syncro and enjoy one of the = coolest spots I know of on this island.

If any of you syncronauts (or = vanagonites) would like to see pictures of this idyllic location,. let me know and I will = p-mail them to you.  Sorry, I don't have a website to post them on at the moment.

Aloha,

Mick Kalber
89 Syncro Westy = "Daddeo"
Tropical Visions Video, Inc.