Date:    Wed, 8 Aug 2001 10:03:30 -0700
From:    Steven Gross <sgross@SOCCCD.CC.CA.US>
Subject: auto transmission any good?

I'm the former owner of an '86 Westy that got wrecked and a current
owner of an '87 Westy.

I'm contemplating the purchase of a '90 7 passenger Vanagon for the wife
and kids.

It's got an automatic transmission and I'm a little nervous.  How much
power does the AT suck from the already underpowered engine?

Any warnings or reassurances greatly appreciated!!!