From: Vanagon Mailing = List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com]On Behalf Of Peter Johnson
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2001 10:21 AM
To: = vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: side door problem

Good Morning = All,

Last eve I found that = the sliding side door on my 85 Westy GL no longer 'locks' in the wide open = position (after sliding it toward the rear it no longer catches at the stop).  = I'm wondering where the catch mechanism is located and whether it can be potentially fixed or if I'll need to buy a new part.  I examined = both upper and lower roller guides and didn't notice anything = obviously broken.

I recall a recent = thread regarding side doors and I just tried searching the archives for clues = to this new problem but the archive search engine seems to be hung up at the moment.

Any insight or = experiences with this little problem would be greatly appreciated.

Peter J
85 Westy GL = "Nesta"
Willard, WA