Where I use to work, I drove a = Ford 1 ton diesel. One winter morning = after it had some work done on it at a Ford dealer, the service manager = called me and said they couldn't get it started and was their some trick to it. So = I asked if they waited for the glow plug light to go off and yes they had, then = I asked if they plugged the block heater in over night. "Block heater? What's = that" I then told him "There's this little cord sticking out of the grill that = you plug in to an outlet, and it keeps the engine warm." He then replied "Oh, I = wondered what that was for". They also replaced the brake drums with the wrong = ones, we never went back.

Andrew
1984 Westy "Speed Bump"
1996 VW = Jetta Trek  "Little Beep" (the wife's car)

Date:    Tue, 14 Aug 2001 12:52:13 -0500
From:    Alan Bosch <arbosch@RA.ROCKWELL.COM>Subject: Re: Favorite Questions While Fixing the Bus (f)

Don't = laugh!  The incompetence at the dealers is legendary.  I once had a
parts = guy at a dealer here in Rochester tell me that the EuroVan was not
made in = 1988.  Which is true enough -- except I was asking for parts for my
1988 = Vanagon Wolfsburg.  We went back and forth until I left in = disgust,
never to return.