There are a number of = possibilities as other list members have suggested.  I had the same problem and it took me a long time to find the = cause in my case.  After replacing = most of the ignition system to no avail, I disassembled the distributor. There = is a roll pin that you need to work with.  What I found was a very sticky grease between the = shaft and the plate holding the timing pickup.  It would sometimes grab and move the timing off causing the = engine to quit.  After a few minutes = with the engine stopped (the time varied) it would release with the spring = pulling it back into place and the van would run just fine until the next = time.

Cleaning the shaft and = lubricating with a silicone grease and installing it back into the engine solved the problem.  This was at = least 6 years ago.  No problem = since.

Have a look and let us = know what you find.

Larry Stichweh =