Van: `82 Vanagon Westfalia
Prob: Brake pedal goes to the floor when trying to stop

Ever since I got the van the pedal would SLOWLY make it's way to the floor if preasure was not kept on it at a stop. Yeah, yeah, I SHOULD have fixed it long ago but I didn't. Now when I push the pedal it rapidly falls to the floor a the while making a kind of wooshing sound (like brake fluid being pushed through a valve) coming from the master cylinder.There is no brake fluid leaking from anywhere that i can see.  I'm guessing that the master cylinder is in serious need of a rebuilding but wanted to get some opinions first. Tell me what you think.

PS. I tried to use the search function but it was just taking WAY to long (20 min and going).
_______

Stevo

My `97 GTI