There is a known problem of a crack that happens right at the nut area that
is probably causing the leak.  I would remove the head and have a dye
penatrant test done on it (should be able to use an aircraft kit that you
have access too).  I usually recommend having a pressure test done on old
heads before installing them as this can help you find cracks like this
before installation but sometimes the heads actually crack when you install
them.  I have new 2.1l heads for $395 (Kohlbenschmidt) each and single side
head gasket kit for $60.  Let me know if I can help you.

Thanks,
Ken Wilford
John 3:16
www.vanagain.com