No the o rims don't need any sealant, only a clean surface and proper torqu= e.
Ramon
Sycro 86
Weekender 87
Volky 68

on 8/18/01 7:26 AM, All of Us at weber@OWC.NET wrote:

Volks:

Yesterday I started replacing my thermost= at and performing a drain, flush and refill on the coolant system on Miss Bl= ue, my '87 GL. In removing the top to the thermostst housing (TH), 2 of the = bolts sheared off. I had to remove the lower part of the TH from the engine = block in order to drill out the sheared bolts. There is a rubber o-ring gask= et between the TH and the engine block that I will replace when I reinstall = it. Should I put any sort of sealant on this o-ring when I reinstall the TH?= Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA.

Dan Weber
Miss Blue - '87 GL Weekender.