I just wanted to report on the VW show = that took place at J.A.C. Auto in Anoka, MN. First off, Vanagons made a good = showing. There were four Vanagons entered in the show, 3 Westys and 1 GL. There = were also 3 parked outside the show including mine. I must say that there were = more Vanagons there then any other type of VW's except bugs (it was a small = show). Is this a new trend? Are people actually starting to figure out that = Vanagons are collectable?
To fill everyone in on the Vanagons,1 = was an '87 with less then 30,000 miles, 1 was an '84 with a whole bunch of radio = gear and solar panels on top, the GL was a 7 passenger and the last one was an = '87 Westy for sale for $8000 in good shape. If anyone is interested in it I have = the guys number.
One of the ones outside the show was an = '81 for sale for $1300. The other one was an '83 that was a twin of mine, but = was air-cooled.
Peace out,
Peder
'84 Westy